July Immersion: Freeing the Hips, Pelvis and Lower back
Join me from the comfort and safety of your home for this special Live online Immersion. Saturday 11th July 9.30 -11.30am.
Join weekly group classes or choose a private one to one session to learn self-care practices which will enhance your daily routine and improve your overall quality of life. Discover how Hatha Yoga, Meditation and Breath Awareness work together to help dissolve stress, bring strength and flexibility to your body and allow you to experience life with greater clarity and connection.
These Classes Are Designed In A Way That Will:
- Give you the skill set to feel more grounded and at peace in times of stress
- Meet you exactly where you are, whether new to the practice or an adept.
- Support your individual needs and health concerns
- Provide you with a relaxed, uncompetitive space within which to practice
- Connect you deeply to who you really are by strengthening and healing your body and encouraging moment by moment awareness
- Build up session by session allowing you to understand the fundamental principles of a balanced and sustainable Yoga practice
Strengthen. Nourish. Transform.
Hatha Yoga and Somatic Movement
Yoga is the Art of moving the body, mind and breath in a way that it transforms and heals us from the imbalances and stresses of daily life. The word Yoga is derived from the Sanskrit root ‘Yuj’ which means ‘to join’ or ‘to bind’. My teaching focuses on Hatha Yoga, the classical Asanas(postures) of a Yoga practice and within this is woven Breathe-Awareness and Meditation. Hatha Yoga includes dynamic weight-bearing sequences with emphasis on fluidity and precision. These sequences strengthen bone and muscle and bring feelings of joy, lightness and space to the body.
Somatic Movement provides the yin style restorative quality which complements dynamic Yoga. It helps heighten the body-mind connection by developing sensory awareness and wakefulness. These sequences are floor based and non-weight bearing. As a result they serve to mobilise joints and provide myo-fascial release. Somatic Movement works directly with the energy of the subtle body and re-aligns the two sides of the body. As a result of this, it is especially beneficial to those suffering from fatigue, stress, anxiety, and chronic back, neck and shoulder pain. Somatic Movement prepares the body for the more Dynamic Yoga postures, opens the breath and enhances the effect of Hatha Yoga.
This combination of Dynamic and Restorative Yoga helps to reset the body and support deep rest and healing. An intelligently sequenced yoga practice restores our bodies back to a place of balance and this physical well-being has a strengthening and calming impact on the mind.
Benefits of Yoga:
- Restful relaxed breathing
- Increased strength, vitality and tone in musculature of body
- Increased flexibility and mobility in connective tissue and joints
- Deeper more restful sleep
- Reduction in stress through combining of breath with movement
- Increased levels of attention and focus
- Creates a space in the day for taking care of yourself